Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Deep fried buns

                              Oh yes I did . 


Deep fried hot dog buns . 

It was a rather hot day when I attempted to make corn dogs . I swapped out regular milk from my corn dog recipe from my earlier post and replaced it with the equivalent of almond milk . It turned out doughy not like batter at all . So I added water and no luck . I attempted to wrap it around the hot dog with not much luck . So instead of scrapping my dinner plans I got creative and threw in a oval shaped dough mass into the fryer . After 5 mins I took it out sliced the middle open ( but not all the way ) then threw it back in the fryer for another 3-4 minutes to finish cooking the soggy center . Placed it on a paper towel to drain the extra oil . It was amazing . I love the taste of corn dogs so this was like 2x the amount of corn wrapping goodness .   Might make some hamburger buns with the next attempt .  Hope this gets your creative mojo going . 

No comments:

Post a Comment