Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chocolate cake / conecakes

K enjoying her conecake


I couldn't bear to not make something fun for Halloween for my lil gal so I grabbed my daughters cookbook "Kids Cooking ; A slightly messy manual " By  Klutz.com 
They had a great recipe idea for frosted chocolate conecakes which I have made gluten free and lactose free.

Ingredients:
12 gf ice cream cones ( I used mini ones but alas they had wheat in them )
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup lactose free margerine
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla 

Pre heat your oven to 350F .In a large bowl  combine flour , sugar , baking powder , and salt
 In a sauce pan mix together magerine,  water and cocoa on low/medium heat so you don't burn the cocoa . When the mixture is completely melted slowly add to the flour mixture and blend well . 
Add the eggs,  soy milk and vanilla and mix again .
Place your ice cream cones into muffin sheet and fill with batter until 3/4 full leaving room to rise . 
Bake for 25-30 minutes . 

I used my remaining batter to make myself a cake . I used a 8" spring form pan and baked for 15-20 minutes. cut in half and added some icing . Yum for mum!

Icing 
1/2 container Tofutti cream cheese
aprox. 1 cup icing sugar ( I didn't write it down sorry! Just keep slowly adding the icing sugar until you get a good consistency) 
1 tbsp vanilla
*optional food colouring but I just didn't want to tempt fate with my 3 year old helping

This isn't a very chocolaty cake but its still nice . Wait till you try the brownies .....

No comments:

Post a Comment