Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Strawberry banana cake


I love how enthusiastic my daughter is about baking .Half the time I don't even have anything planned out I just start pulling out my flours n sugar and start rummage through my fridge . Lucky for you I had fresh strawberries and 1 lonesome banana . 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lard
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup sweet sorghum flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 banana -mashed
* 1/2 cup of walnuts would do nicely as well  

Heat oven to 350F . Cream lard ,sugar , vanilla and eggs together . Slowly add the flour and gently stir in the fruit . Pour batter into an 8" springform pan . Bake for 20-25 minutes . 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes are awesome!Thanks for sharing!

    I have given you" Cherry on top award"

    Happy Blogging and baking!

    http://lifelikethat-leena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete