Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pie ... really it's pie


Ok so the first image doesn't look like pie ...more of a mess but it tastes like pie to me! The second image is what it looked like fresh out of the oven . I ran out of dough while I was putting the top on so I recommend adding a bit more flour and shortening or butter or you'll get a not so fitted pie top .

Ingredients for crust:
1 cup Rice flour
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup shortening  /or butter
3 tbsp COLD water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Combine dry ingredients together then cut in shortening . Combine water and vanilla together and add until mixture is moist . Roll into 2 small balls . Press one ball into a 9" pie plate . Bake at 375f  for 5minutes . Fill with apples , berries or make it savory for pot pie! . I used 5 apples . Peeled cooked in a pot with 1 1/2 cups water , cinnamon , 1/2 cup sugar , 4 tbsp honey and cornstarch to thicken the water . Once pie base is baked add pie filling and roll out the remaining dough ball large enough to cover the pie . Press corners with a fork .I basted my pie lid with butter and dusted with sugar . Bake for recommended time . ( mine was in for 45 minutes ) . DO NOT be discouraged to try this because of the picture . This was my first wheat free pie ever and it was yummy . Add some Ice cream on top and no one will ever know .

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment