Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I didn't know

What I did't realize until recently is how much wheat is in the other daily products I use . I have been super careful about what I ingest , but as of late it has come to my attention that its in so much more .

Make up . Really had no idea on this one but it explains my irritated face and uneven skin tone . I've been babying my face with bio oil and been make up free for about a week and my problems have cleared up drastically . The redness is almost completely gone .

Shampoo & conditioner . Explains my itchy painful scalp . Again had no idea so I never looked . Now I've looked and hey there it is . Wheat protein . Ugh . I have started a no shampoo & conditioner regime to get my scalp healthy . Starting with a few weeks worth of baking soda rinses . Yay .

2 tablespoons baking soda
add enough water to make a paste
massage into scalp
leave on 1-3 minutes
rinse well

Lotion . You know that stuff you put just about everywhere . Ya lets just see how itchy I can get . Luckily I have switched to an oil based homemade body scrub which helps lock in moisture and keeps my skin soft .

1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup brown or white sugar
you can add a few drops of essential oils

So any Wheatless people out there beware of other hidden wheat . I know that I am going to take an even closer look at what I bring into my house from now on .

No comments:

Post a Comment