Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Apple Empanada s & pizza to go


Who doesn't appreciate a piece of pie to go . I've been on a pretty big apple pie kick lately and thought that this might be fun to try . You can use this dough recipe for more than just pie . I used mine for pizza too!

I couldn't wait to try the pizza before I took the shot . I topped mine with a home made tomato sauce , gluten free Italian sausage from my local butcher , yellow onion cooked with the sausage , fresh raw yellow pepper slices and mozzarella . The toppings were thick but the crust held up well . It wasn't soggy at all .

Ingredients for the dough
2 cups Knickinink all purpose flour
2 cups White rice flour
3 egg YOLKS
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup water * you may need more

Put egg yolks , sugar , salt , water and whisk . Add the flour and mix . If it isn't binding enough add a table spoon of water at a time until it becomes doughy . Let sit for 10-15 minutes . Dust your rolling area with cornstarch .

For empanadas :

Preheat oven to 325F . Grab a handful of dough roll it out into a circle shape . Put 2-3 table spoons of filling on one side fold over the empty side and press edges closed with fork . Brush top with left over egg whites . Add a sprinkle of sugar on top for sweet empanadas . Place on greased baking sheet . Bake for 20 minutes .*Keep an eye on them as some may need less time .

* Apple recipe is the same one I used in previous pies.

For pizza

Grab a large ball of dough for a big pizza or a handful for small ones . Roll out and place on cookie sheet or pizza pan . Add you favorite toppings and bake for 20 mins .

I might try and use this recipe to make bread or buns too . I will post when I test them out .

Hope you've enjoyed this test kitchen . Happy cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment