Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mommy I want pancakes!

is what my daughter said Friday morning . Hmmmmm I thought . I don't have pancake mix in my house but I do have flour . Kara fetched the bowl and some sugar and before you know it we were doing a test kitchen .


They turned out pretty good for my first wheatless pancakes. 

Ingredients 
1cup rice flour 
1 1/2 cup sweet sorhgum flour
2 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg
2-3 tbsp oil 

Blend all ingredients together . Let rise then stir again . Drop into an oiled or buttered pan on medium heat . Wait for the bubbles then flip and press down lightly . Smaller pancakes will cook more quickly . Don't make them to large or the batter might not cook properly . 

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment