Hello my Wheatless fans .

Feel free to share your experiences , recipes and don't forget to give my recipes a try. Mom tested kid approved ! Wheat free people UNITE . We shall not suffer in this wheat eating / wearing world .

Friday, June 25, 2010

Tortilla pie


Before my lactose freeness I made a lovely Tortilla pie . The recipe is simple but making the actual tortillas is quite hard unless you own a press . 

Ingredients:
2 cups masa harina ( fine ground corn flour)
¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ cups warm water

Mix ingredients together cover and let stand for 30 minutes .  Pinch into a ball and press . Put the tortillas on a preheated hot pan oiled or non-stick. When the edges begin to curl, flip. After half a minute  flip again. When it begins to bubble it's done . Mine were really thick but I actually liked them and so did my hubby . He ate almost the whole batch and he's not GF.  It was almost like a lasagna when I made it .  The other ingredients are what you'd normally put in a taco or wrap . The sky s the limit . 

No comments:

Post a Comment